Monday, November 12, 2012

Hug your Huggables

AP here:
Two years ago my little cousins life was cut tragically short by a  senseless act of violence. He was a remarkable young man. an artist and an actor, a young man who knew what he wanted and was not afraid to be different from the mainstream. The fact that he was such a smart and caring individual made it possible for two other families to keep there loved one around because at age seventeen he was an organ donor.
There is a line from a song by Baz Luhrman that goes "The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday"
How true this is, as we cannot plan for the horrible things that sometimes happen in life. There is never a guarantee for any of us for tomorrow. So it crossed my mind today that we need to take the time to let the people in their lives know just what they mean to us. I know that I kiss Tonka on his head everyday and tell him that I love him but I don't always tell the humans in my life how much I appreciate them. Tonka on the other hand always lets everyone know how much he loves them and I need to take a page from his book.
In honor of Kevin I have set out this week to let the people in my life know that they are loved.

Hug your Huggables everybody - life is short.



2 comments:

Ray the Blind Dog said...

What great advice.

liparifam said...

So true. Funny to read this, as I had just decided I needed to write a friend a letter this holiday season to tell her how much I appreciate her support, and all the things she has done for me... And of course, I'm writing this comment after the horrible news from Newtown, CT which definitely proves the truth of your words...