Monday, February 20, 2012

Progress

I have been walking around afraid to be happy at the progress Tonka has made in the past few months. I keep saying I don't want to jinx it - as if I have some ultimate control over what the future holds. Today we were at the park and Tonka was walking/trotting across the field towards the sound of his kids and I realized just how happy I was to see him enjoying his time with his kids and his friends. I don't have any power over what will happen tomorrow but I do have the power to be happy with him right now. It has been a long 5 months and the progress from not being able to lift his foot or stand for even a few minutes to where we are today is remarkable.
I put together a small sample of him at the park fro the past few days - see if he doesn't make you smile.



and this is what he looks like when we return home from the park...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grinning from ear to ear here! Hugs to the Tonka man from Lee and me :)

Tina

Tonka said...

Thanks Tina and Lee! I am right there with you. Hugs right back to the pack.