Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Giant Eye

I went to see Dr. Gift today and I got some good news and some bad news. The good news is the pressure in my good eye is down to 6 which is the lowest it has ever been. The bad news is the pressure in my bad eye is at 25 which is really high. I got some new eye drops to use and I have to go back in 2 weeks. The blood has all disappered from the eye and it has gotten really big - not bulging - just BIG. So I am not a bloody eye guy anymore I am a giant eye guy. AP has to think about my options. I will have to have my eye removed at some point due to pressure and Glaucoma that will eventually occur. Some dogs have the eye completely removed and the lid sewn shut that is called enuculation. Others have it replaced -sort of - with a prosthetic eye that is called evisceration with implant. AP is looking for people that have had either done to talk to about it so she can make an informed decision. Hopefully the drops will help and we will have some time to research.

No comments: