Sunday, October 9, 2011

PICNIC

On Sunday AP and I got to go to a really cool park and meet some new friends and some of our old ones. The new friends were dogs and kids that all have had heart surgery like me. It was a great day and I got to forget about my medical problems for awhile. It was put on by the great people at Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children and the Chesapeake Veterinary Cardiology Associates. 


I met a Collie named Annie

A Newfie named Bouy
Bouy and Annie are also therapy dogs.
I got lots of love from everyone.
The kids were all great and some of my Doctors were there. Dr. Rosenthal was there along with Cari who took really good care of me and AP got to meet Dr. Schmitt who was also in on my surgery
A really cool kid liked my bionic eye.

 It was a really fun time and I loved all the head pats, ear scratches and belly rubs from all the great kids.
Thanks to CVCA for inviting me and to Bouy's mom for the chicken.

p.s. AP borrowed 2 of these pictures from the CVAC Facebook site - we hope that is OK

No comments: