Sunday, October 11, 2009

DogFest 2009

I had to get up super early Saturday morning and help pack up the truck for DogFest http://www.dogfest2009.org/. I worked the AGPR booth with my friend Shepper who is looking for a forever home. There were lots of people that stopped by to ask about us and hopefully Shepper will be adopted soon. DogFest was so much fun my friend Nala came by and we played all kinds of games like find the human, doggie bowling, doggie painting and we even went on the agility course. They even had a sandbox bigger than mine at home and swimming pools (if you like that sort of thing) there were so many people and dogs to meet and smell.

I was a little tired after such a busy morning that I took a little power nap to get ready for the afternoon. A few people came by while I was sleeping and were petting me and a little girl was hugging on me and I never woke up. Its hard work educating people about my breed.

Some of my other Pyr buddies came to help raise money for the rescue and when you get four or five Pyrs in a group people start to really take notice. Since we were walking around in a crowded event AP made me wear my sunglasses and we got to teach people about dogs with special needs. Kosmo Krys at the RavensChix.com thought I was cute in my shades and took my picture to put on her website.

My Golden Retriever friends Montana and Tuckett also stopped by and hung out with us and Tuckett and I went doggie bowling again since I really had fun with that game. AP is going to add that to my backyard playground.

I hope we get to go again next year.


Nala doing the weave poles!

No comments: